I’ll nutshell it for you in some bullet points:
- Started steady, kept to a sensible pace.
- Got calf cramps after Jamaica Inn.
- Slowed down in the last few miles due to above.
- Roared and swore all the way downhill to the finish after cramp gripped and wouldn’t release.
- Glowered grimly at time: 5 mins slower than last year.
- Drank some squash with a teaspoon of salt.
- Resolved to try those NuNN tabs next time.
- Resisted the free Ginsters.
- Accepted nice T-shirt for the 25th Anniversary CM.
- Teased Sam Perkin about his “abs failure”.
- (could’ve been worse – he might have popped a pec…. think of the mess!)
- Waited for Mark O to finish conditioning his barnet (40 mins in the shower – WTF!?).
- Went home.
All in all: another backward step in my quest for a sub-3:15 Marathon. On the upside, my Butterfly and Front Crawl are coming along a treat!
Don “AikenDrum” H